Wednesday 1 February 2012

The Kinks - Kinks

The Kinks
Kinks
Pye NPL 18096
Filed between The Hollywood Brats (eponymous) and Best of The Kinks 1964-65



It doesn't happen too often, but once in a while I'll be flicking through the records in a charity shop and something I've genuinely been looking for appears. I'd had this, along with other early Kinks releases, on my eBay watch list over the last few months and apart from placing a few insulting bids have never seriously tried to 'win' any of them. And so, inamongst what appeared to be someone's painstakingly built Cliff Richard collection, I came to find a mono pressing for 75p. There are some sticky marks on side two that I'm confident I can ease off (though they don't cause any jumps so I'm not too concerned). And I've used the bargain price to justify a rather more expensive purchase of 'The Village Green Preservation Society'.

No comments:

Post a Comment